This is a template that can be used by any “community”
–be it a neighbourhood, campus, body corporate or institution employing a large number of people
City of Cape Town documents:
- CoCT’s Day Zero FAQ
- CoCT’s Critical Water shortages disaster plan
- CoCT’s draft Water amendment By-law Summary
- CoCT’s draft Water amendment By-law
- City of Cape Town level 6 water restrictions
- CoCT’s Water Services and Urban Water cycle document
- CoCT’s Application form for increased quota.
- CoCT’s Water map viewer
- CoCT’s Map viewer – guide
- CoCT’s form to apply for increased quota.
- Water Bylaws for the Building and Construction Industry
- CoCT’s Open Data Portal.
- Cape Town Tourism’s guide to water wise tourism in the Mother City
- DWS’ water related maps
- DWS’ Cape Town dam levels – update each Tuesday afternoon
- DWS’ Western Cape dam levels – updated each Tuesday afternoon.
- The Borehole Water Association of Southern Africa
- The South African National Bottled Water Association (SANBWA)
- WWF’s Wednesday Water File #1 – preparing for Day Zero
- WWF’s Wednesday Water File #2 – getting to grips with groundwater
- WWF’s Wednesday Water File #3 – securing your drinking water
- WWF’s Wednesday Water File #4 – What to do when you can’t flush the loo
- WWF’s Wednesday Water File #5 – The power of pulling together
- WWF’s Wednesday Water File #6 – Keeping the doors of work open
- WWF’s Wednesday Water File #7 – Debunking desalination
- WWF’s Wednesday Water File #8 – We are not alone
- WWF’s Wednesday Water File #9 – Living the waterless life
WSWC documents and links:
- Just how severe is the current drought – an engineering analysis of annual inflows
- Debunking the “Water scandal in Cape Town- all for privatization and pure greed”document
- A water harvesting tool to help you work out what tanks you need
- Where to have your water tested.
- MzansiAmanzi Satellite monitoring of surface water resources
We will be adding resources on a regular basis – please send suggestions to email@example.com